Subject: Re: rib_trie / Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits

From: "Jorge Boncompte [DTI2]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 12:26:30 +0200

Jarek Poplawski escribió:
> Pawel has reported these problems for a long time:
> http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6648
> 
> So, until it's fully investigated, it seems some 'fast' fix is needed
> here.

	I have never reported these problems but I am definitely seeing the same
message on kernel 2.6.29.5, usually, when one of my BGP peers goes down. So,
just a "me too".

	Regards,

		Jorge

-----------------
[ 1198.333854] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1198.437028] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1198.460848] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1199.240223] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1199.279723] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1199.383081] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1200.154893] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1200.191711] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1200.223242] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1200.270299] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1200.355795] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1206.239254] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1206.271995] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1206.349351] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1206.384676] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1206.428801] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1206.457315] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1206.485710] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1206.513691] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1209.039681] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1209.069224] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1209.108840] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1209.141450] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1209.172317] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1209.197824] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1209.224711] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1209.251566] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1209.289603] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1211.561178] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1211.598062] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1211.633238] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1211.684420] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
[ 1216.507853] Fix inflate_threshold_root. Now=15 size=11 bits
-----------------
cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:         515732 kB
MemFree:          139544 kB
Buffers:            4992 kB
Cached:             8488 kB
SwapCached:            0 kB
Active:           295904 kB
Inactive:           8132 kB
Active(anon):     291716 kB
Inactive(anon):        0 kB
Active(file):       4188 kB
Inactive(file):     8132 kB
Unevictable:           0 kB
Mlocked:               0 kB
SwapTotal:             0 kB
SwapFree:              0 kB
Dirty:                 0 kB
Writeback:             0 kB
AnonPages:        290556 kB
Mapped:             2320 kB
Slab:              42392 kB
SReclaimable:       1096 kB
SUnreclaim:        41296 kB
PageTables:          512 kB
NFS_Unstable:          0 kB
Bounce:                0 kB
WritebackTmp:          0 kB
CommitLimit:      257864 kB
Committed_AS:     294496 kB
VmallocTotal:     515448 kB
VmallocUsed:        3140 kB
VmallocChunk:     501096 kB
DirectMap4k:        8128 kB
DirectMap4M:      516096 kB
-----------------
cat /proc/vmallocinfo
0xe07f0000-0xe07f5000   20480 acpi_tb_verify_table+0x20/0x4a phys=1fff0000 ioremap
0xe07f6000-0xe07f8000    8192 acpi_tb_verify_table+0x20/0x4a phys=1ffff000 ioremap
0xe07fa000-0xe07fc000    8192 acpi_tb_verify_table+0x20/0x4a phys=1fff0000 ioremap
0xe07fe000-0xe0800000    8192 acpi_tb_verify_table+0x20/0x4a phys=1fff0000 ioremap
0xe0801000-0xe080d000   49152 cramfs_uncompress_init+0x18/0x57 pages=11 vmalloc
0xe080e000-0xe0810000    8192 e100_probe+0x1db/0x471 phys=fdde0000 ioremap
0xe0812000-0xe0814000    8192 e100_probe+0x1db/0x471 phys=fdd80000 ioremap
0xe0816000-0xe0818000    8192 e100_probe+0x1db/0x471 phys=fbbf0000 ioremap
0xe081a000-0xe081c000    8192 e100_probe+0x1db/0x471 phys=fbbe0000 ioremap
0xe081e000-0xe0820000    8192 ahc_linux_pci_reserve_mem_region+0x49/0x72
[aic7xxx] phys=fe9f0000 ioremap
0xe0820000-0xe0822000    8192 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=1 vmalloc
0xe0822000-0xe0825000   12288 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=2 vmalloc
0xe0826000-0xe0828000    8192 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=1 vmalloc
0xe082d000-0xe0832000   20480 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=4 vmalloc
0xe0833000-0xe0836000   12288 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=2 vmalloc
0xe0838000-0xe083c000   16384 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=3 vmalloc
0xe083c000-0xe0840000   16384 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=3 vmalloc
0xe0840000-0xe0861000  135168 e1000_probe+0x18a/0x83b phys=febc0000 ioremap
0xe0862000-0xe0871000   61440 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=14 vmalloc
0xe0875000-0xe087f000   40960 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=9 vmalloc
0xe0880000-0xe0889000   36864 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=8 vmalloc
0xe088d000-0xe0897000   40960 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=9 vmalloc
0xe0897000-0xe08b5000  122880 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=29 vmalloc
0xe08bd000-0xe08c1000   16384 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=3 vmalloc
0xe08c7000-0xe08c9000    8192 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=1 vmalloc
0xe08c9000-0xe08cc000   12288 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=2 vmalloc
0xe08d3000-0xe08d7000   16384 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=3 vmalloc
0xe08d8000-0xe08dd000   20480 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=4 vmalloc
0xe08de000-0xe08e5000   28672 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=6 vmalloc
0xe08e6000-0xe08e8000    8192 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=1 vmalloc
0xe08e8000-0xe08ed000   20480 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=4 vmalloc
0xe08f3000-0xe08f6000   12288 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=2 vmalloc
0xe08ff000-0xe0902000   12288 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=2 vmalloc
0xe090e000-0xe0914000   24576 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=5 vmalloc
0xe091e000-0xe0922000   16384 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=3 vmalloc
0xe092e000-0xe0934000   24576 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=5 vmalloc
0xe0935000-0xe0942000   53248 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=12 vmalloc
0xe095d000-0xe0979000  114688 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=27 vmalloc
0xe097e000-0xe0980000    8192 ahc_linux_pci_reserve_mem_region+0x49/0x72
[aic7xxx] phys=fe9e0000 ioremap
0xe0990000-0xe0992000    8192 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=1 vmalloc
0xe099a000-0xe099c000    8192 module_alloc_update_bounds+0x8/0x2c pages=1 vmalloc
0xe0a00000-0xe0b01000 1052672 he_start+0x204/0x1126 [he] phys=fe800000 ioremap
0xe14bf000-0xe15c1000 1056768 tnode_new+0x18/0x48 pages=257 vmalloc
0xe15ed000-0xe15f0000   12288 xt_alloc_table_info+0x68/0x97 [x_tables] pages=2
vmalloc
0xe15f1000-0xe15f4000   12288 xt_alloc_table_info+0x68/0x97 [x_tables] pages=2
vmalloc
-----------------