Subject: Re: [PATCH 7/7] venet: add scatter-gather/GSO support

From: Gregory Haskins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 15:30:10 -0400

Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 13:18:07 -0400
> Gregory Haskins <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> SG/GSO significantly enhance the performance of network traffic under
>> certain circumstances.  We implement this feature as a separate patch
>> to avoid intially complicating the baseline venet driver.  This will
>> presumably make the review process slightly easier, since we can
>> focus on the basic interface first.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Gregory Haskins <[email-masked]>
> 
> Never mind, previous comment about adding TSO.

I should probably fold 6+7 together anyway, so this was my fault.  I
think I was originally keeping them separate because the venet was
serving as the canonical example for the vbus interface.  But Ill just
come up with something simpler to demonstrate the interface and merge
these two patches.

> But it still would be good to have ethtool interface for this.

Ack.  Will do.

Thanks Stephen,
-Greg