Subject: Re: neigh_periodic_timer expires too often

From: Luciano Coelho <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 10:48:30 +0300

ext Eric Dumazet wrote:
> Luciano Coelho a écrit :
>   
>> Coelho Luciano (Nokia-D/Helsinki) wrote:
>>     
>>> ext Eric Dumazet wrote:
>>>  
>>>       
>>>> So please test it and tell me/us you like it :)
>>>>       
>>>>         
>>> I applied your patch on top of the 2.6.28 I'm using and will start
>>> testing it now.  I can also try to test it on top of 2.6.31-rc4 plus
>>> wireless-testing stuff, if needed.
>>>
>>> I'll tell you that I liked your patch in a moment (I actually already
>>> liked it, but I'll wait until I know it works before I tell you ;)
>>>   
>>>       
>> Just a small update.  We have run some very basic tests with 2.6.28. 
>> The patch seems to work fine and we don't see excessive wake-ups from
>> neigh anymore (thanks Tero for helping with the tests).  We will still
>> run one of our full release test rounds in order to make sure that there
>> are no regressions.  I'll let you know when we have some more results.
>>
>>     
>
> Thanks for the update, I am running this patch on net-next-2.6 with no problem.
>   

We have now run our release round tests and everything is working fine.  
I'll report back if we find any issues with this change in the future 
(which I really don't expect to happen ;).

Thank you very much for fixing this.

-- 
Cheers,
Luca.