Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/7] AlacrityVM guest drivers Reply-To:

From: Avi Kivity <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 16:57:36 +0300

On 08/06/2009 04:45 PM, Gregory Haskins wrote:
>
>> (though still rooting for virtio).
>>      
>
> Heh...not to belabor the point to death, but virtio is orthogonal (you keep forgetting that ;).
>
> Its really the vbus device-model vs the qemu device-model (and possibly vs the "in-kernel pci emulation" model that I believe Michael is working on).
>
> You can run virtio on any of those three.
>    

It's not orthogonal.  virtio is one set of ABI+guest drivers+host 
support to get networking on kvm guests.  AlacrityVM's vbus-based 
drivers are another set of ABI+guest drivers+host support to get 
networking on kvm guests.  That makes them competitors (two different 
ways to do one thing), not orthogonal.

-- 
error compiling committee.c: too many arguments to function