Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 3/6] vbus: add a "vbus-proxy" bus model for vbus_driver objects

From: Avi Kivity <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 11:30:49 +0300

On 08/15/2009 01:32 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>> This will generally be used for hypervisors to publish any host-side
>> virtual devices up to a guest.  The guest will have the opportunity
>> to consume any devices present on the vbus-proxy as if they were
>> platform devices, similar to existing buses like PCI.
>>
>>      
> Is there a consensus on this with the KVM folks? (i've added the KVM
> list to the Cc:)
>    

My opinion is that this is a duplication of effort and we'd be better 
off if everyone contributed to enhancing virtio, which already has 
widely deployed guest drivers and non-Linux guest support.

It may have merit if it is proven that it is technically superior to 
virtio (and I don't mean some benchmark in some point in time; I mean 
design wise).  So far I haven't seen any indications that it is.

-- 
error compiling committee.c: too many arguments to function