Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 3/6] vbus: add a "vbus-proxy" bus model for vbus_driver objects

From: Avi Kivity <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:59:35 +0300

On 08/17/2009 05:16 PM, Gregory Haskins wrote:
>> My opinion is that this is a duplication of effort and we'd be better
>> off if everyone contributed to enhancing virtio, which already has
>> widely deployed guest drivers and non-Linux guest support.
>>
>> It may have merit if it is proven that it is technically superior to
>> virtio (and I don't mean some benchmark in some point in time; I mean
>> design wise).  So far I haven't seen any indications that it is.
>>
>>      
>
> The design is very different, so hopefully I can start to convince you
> why it might be interesting.
>    

We've been through this before I believe.  If you can point out specific 
differences that make venet outperform virtio-net I'll be glad to hear 
(and steal) them though.

-- 
error compiling committee.c: too many arguments to function