Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 3/6] vbus: add a "vbus-proxy" bus model for vbus_driver objects

From: Gregory Haskins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:09:55 -0400

Avi Kivity wrote:
> On 08/17/2009 05:16 PM, Gregory Haskins wrote:
>>> My opinion is that this is a duplication of effort and we'd be better
>>> off if everyone contributed to enhancing virtio, which already has
>>> widely deployed guest drivers and non-Linux guest support.
>>>
>>> It may have merit if it is proven that it is technically superior to
>>> virtio (and I don't mean some benchmark in some point in time; I mean
>>> design wise).  So far I haven't seen any indications that it is.
>>>
>>>      
>>
>> The design is very different, so hopefully I can start to convince you
>> why it might be interesting.
>>    
> 
> We've been through this before I believe.  If you can point out specific
> differences that make venet outperform virtio-net I'll be glad to hear
> (and steal) them though.
> 

You sure know how to convince someone to collaborate with you, eh?

Unforunately, i've answered that question numerous times, but it
apparently falls on deaf ears.

-Greg