Subject: Re: [PATCH 2.6.30-rc4] r8169: avoid losing MSI interrupts

From: Michael Riepe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 23:22:25 +0200

Hi!

Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> I have what at first glance looks like a problem caused by this
> patch.  For the last month since upgrading one of my machines from
> 2.6.28 to 2.6.30 it has been becomming inaccessible from the
> network and I have a few:
> 
> NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0 (r8169): transmit timed out
>
> in my logs and a lot soft lockups that always have rtl8169_interrupt
> as the thing that is running.   I suspect your patch has introduced
> a near infinite loop in the interrupt handler and is causing these
> soft lockups.

I've been running 2.6.30 for more than two months now and all is fine.
But this might be a different chip.

-- 
Michael "Tired" Riepe <[email-masked]>
X-Tired: Each morning I get up I die a little