Subject: Re: [net-next 6/10] bnx2x: Update vlan_features

From: Or Gerlitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 17:18:09 +0300

Jay Vosburgh wrote:
> 	Patrick, can you clarify one bit about your above statment?  You
> say the bonding features should be an "intersection"; is that a strict
> intersection (i.e., slave1->vlan_features | slave2->vlan_features), or
> does the NETIF_F_ONE_FOR_ALL logic apply for vlan_features as it does
> for regular dev->features (using netdev_incrmenet_features() to combine
> the feature sets)?
>
> 	In other words, if a bond has two slaves, one with, e.g.,
> NETIF_F_SG in its vlan_features, and the other slave has 0 in
> vlan_features, should the bond's vlan_features be NETIF_F_SG, or 0?
>   
Hi Jay,

So we're @ rc7 again and the "bonding: propogate vlan_features to 
bonding master" patch isn't queued yet... can you look into that so we 
have this for 2.6.32?

thanks,

Or.