Subject: Re: [NET] Add proc file to display the state of all qdiscs.

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 19:56:33 +0200

Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:
> 
> On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, Patrick McHardy wrote:
> 
>> The approach I'm currently working on will present multiqueue root
>> qdiscs as children of a dummy classful qdisc. This avoids handle
>> clashes and the need for new identifiers and allows to address each
>> qdisc seperately, similar to how it works with other classful qdiscs:
> 
> I like your approach. Its well suited for the qdiscs :-)
> 
> I especially like the possibility to access each qdisc seperately.  Does
> it then support having seperate qdisc per TX queue?  (I'm toying with
> the idea of transmitting our multicast traffic into/via a seperate TX
> hardware queue, and making a special qdisc for IPTV MPEG2-TS shaping)

Yes, you can attach qdiscs to the classes representing the queues.
At least it should work :) It would probably also be possible to
use TC classifiers for queue selection.