Subject: Re: Getting physical packet counts with LRO enabled with ixgbe?

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:37:13 -0700

I noticed that 'ethtool -d' has some counters that may be right,
including bytes.

(I'm looking at the 82599 chipset currently)

0x04074: gprc        (Good Packets Received Count)    0xF611E2C2
0x04078: bprc        (Broadcast Packets Rx Count)     0x00000000
0x0407C: mprc        (Multicast Packets Rx Count)     0x0000000C
0x04080: gptc        (Good Packets Transmitted Count) 0xC9962C10
0x04088: gorcl       (Good Octets Rx Count Low)       0x9A23F0B0
0x0408C: gorch       (Good Octets Rx Count High)      0x00000000
0x04090: gotcl       (Good Octets Tx Count Low)       0x5DFAACD4
0x04094: gotch       (Good Octets Tx Count High)      0x00000000

Any suggestions on a more efficient way to get these than dumping 'ethtool -d' and
searching all that data?  Maybe put it in 'ethtool -S' as well ?

Thanks,
Ben

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com