Subject: Re: [Patch] (updated) netfilter: remove deprecated CONFIG_NF_CT_ACCT

From: Krzysztof Olędzki <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 14:04:18 +0200

[resend, previously I incorrectly copied netfilter-devel-owner]

Adding CC to [email-masked], where netfilter
related issues are discussed.

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Amerigo Wang wrote:

>
> CONFIG_NF_CT_ACCT is scheduled to be removed in 2.6.29.
>
> Cc: Krzysztof Piotr Oledzki <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: WANG Cong <[email-masked]>

This is not so easy - it was decided that we don't want to remove it 
just that because of connbytes. The final conclusion was to keep it 
disabled by default (if not enabled by kernel/modules/sysctl option) but 
enabling it automatically for the current NS if nefilter rules contains 
"-m connbytes".

Sorry, I should have gotten into this and finished it earlier, my bad. :(

Best regards,

  				Krzysztof Olędzki