Subject: [PATCH -next] vmxnet3: use dev_dbg, fix build for CONFIG_BLOCK=n

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:29:35 -0700

From: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>

vmxnet3 was using dprintk() for debugging output.  This was
defined in <linux/dst.h> and was the only thing that was
used from that header file.  This caused compile errors
when CONFIG_BLOCK was not enabled due to bio* and BIO*
uses in the header file, so change this driver to use
dev_dbg() for debugging output.

include/linux/dst.h:520: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
include/linux/dst.h:520: error: 'BIO_POOL_BITS' undeclared (first use in this function)
include/linux/dst.h:521: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
include/linux/dst.h:522: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
include/linux/dst.h:525: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[4]: *** [drivers/net/vmxnet3/vmxnet3_drv.o] Error 1

Signed-off-by: Randy Dunlap <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/vmxnet3/vmxnet3_drv.c |   27 ++++++++++++++++++---------
 drivers/net/vmxnet3/vmxnet3_int.h |    2 +-
 2 files changed, 19 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

--- linux-next-20091015.orig/drivers/net/vmxnet3/vmxnet3_int.h
+++ linux-next-20091015/drivers/net/vmxnet3/vmxnet3_int.h
@@ -30,6 +30,7 @@
 #include <linux/types.h>
 #include <linux/ethtool.h>
 #include <linux/delay.h>
+#include <linux/device.h>
 #include <linux/netdevice.h>
 #include <linux/pci.h>
 #include <linux/ethtool.h>
@@ -59,7 +60,6 @@
 #include <linux/if_vlan.h>
 #include <linux/if_arp.h>
 #include <linux/inetdevice.h>
-#include <linux/dst.h>
 
 #include "vmxnet3_defs.h"
 
--- linux-next-20091015.orig/drivers/net/vmxnet3/vmxnet3_drv.c
+++ linux-next-20091015/drivers/net/vmxnet3/vmxnet3_drv.c
@@ -481,7 +481,8 @@ vmxnet3_rq_alloc_rx_buf(struct vmxnet3_r
 	}
 	rq->uncommitted[ring_idx] += num_allocated;
 
-	dprintk(KERN_ERR "alloc_rx_buf: %d allocated, next2fill %u, next2comp "
+	dev_dbg(&adapter->netdev->dev,
+		"alloc_rx_buf: %d allocated, next2fill %u, next2comp "
 		"%u, uncommited %u\n", num_allocated, ring->next2fill,
 		ring->next2comp, rq->uncommitted[ring_idx]);
 
@@ -539,7 +540,8 @@ vmxnet3_map_pkt(struct sk_buff *skb, str
 		tbi = tq->buf_info + tq->tx_ring.next2fill;
 		tbi->map_type = VMXNET3_MAP_NONE;
 
-		dprintk(KERN_ERR "txd[%u]: 0x%Lx 0x%x 0x%x\n",
+		dev_dbg(&adapter->netdev->dev,
+			"txd[%u]: 0x%Lx 0x%x 0x%x\n",
 			tq->tx_ring.next2fill, ctx->sop_txd->txd.addr,
 			ctx->sop_txd->dword[2], ctx->sop_txd->dword[3]);
 		vmxnet3_cmd_ring_adv_next2fill(&tq->tx_ring);
@@ -572,7 +574,8 @@ vmxnet3_map_pkt(struct sk_buff *skb, str
 		gdesc->dword[2] = dw2 | buf_size;
 		gdesc->dword[3] = 0;
 
-		dprintk(KERN_ERR "txd[%u]: 0x%Lx 0x%x 0x%x\n",
+		dev_dbg(&adapter->netdev->dev,
+			"txd[%u]: 0x%Lx 0x%x 0x%x\n",
 			tq->tx_ring.next2fill, gdesc->txd.addr,
 			gdesc->dword[2], gdesc->dword[3]);
 		vmxnet3_cmd_ring_adv_next2fill(&tq->tx_ring);
@@ -600,7 +603,8 @@ vmxnet3_map_pkt(struct sk_buff *skb, str
 		gdesc->dword[2] = dw2 | frag->size;
 		gdesc->dword[3] = 0;
 
-		dprintk(KERN_ERR "txd[%u]: 0x%llu %u %u\n",
+		dev_dbg(&adapter->netdev->dev,
+			"txd[%u]: 0x%llu %u %u\n",
 			tq->tx_ring.next2fill, gdesc->txd.addr,
 			gdesc->dword[2], gdesc->dword[3]);
 		vmxnet3_cmd_ring_adv_next2fill(&tq->tx_ring);
@@ -697,7 +701,8 @@ vmxnet3_parse_and_copy_hdr(struct sk_buf
 	tdd = tq->data_ring.base + tq->tx_ring.next2fill;
 
 	memcpy(tdd->data, skb->data, ctx->copy_size);
-	dprintk(KERN_ERR "copy %u bytes to dataRing[%u]\n",
+	dev_dbg(&adapter->netdev->dev,
+		"copy %u bytes to dataRing[%u]\n",
 		ctx->copy_size, tq->tx_ring.next2fill);
 	return 1;
 
@@ -808,7 +813,8 @@ vmxnet3_tq_xmit(struct sk_buff *skb, str
 
 	if (count > vmxnet3_cmd_ring_desc_avail(&tq->tx_ring)) {
 		tq->stats.tx_ring_full++;
-		dprintk(KERN_ERR "tx queue stopped on %s, next2comp %u"
+		dev_dbg(&adapter->netdev->dev,
+			"tx queue stopped on %s, next2comp %u"
 			" next2fill %u\n", adapter->netdev->name,
 			tq->tx_ring.next2comp, tq->tx_ring.next2fill);
 
@@ -853,7 +859,8 @@ vmxnet3_tq_xmit(struct sk_buff *skb, str
 
 	/* finally flips the GEN bit of the SOP desc */
 	gdesc->dword[2] ^= VMXNET3_TXD_GEN;
-	dprintk(KERN_ERR "txd[%u]: SOP 0x%Lx 0x%x 0x%x\n",
+	dev_dbg(&adapter->netdev->dev,
+		"txd[%u]: SOP 0x%Lx 0x%x 0x%x\n",
 		(u32)((union Vmxnet3_GenericDesc *)ctx.sop_txd -
 		tq->tx_ring.base), gdesc->txd.addr, gdesc->dword[2],
 		gdesc->dword[3]);
@@ -990,7 +997,8 @@ vmxnet3_rq_rx_complete(struct vmxnet3_rx
 			if (unlikely(rcd->len == 0)) {
 				/* Pretend the rx buffer is skipped. */
 				BUG_ON(!(rcd->sop && rcd->eop));
-				dprintk(KERN_ERR "rxRing[%u][%u] 0 length\n",
+				dev_dbg(&adapter->netdev->dev,
+					"rxRing[%u][%u] 0 length\n",
 					ring_idx, idx);
 				goto rcd_done;
 			}
@@ -1676,7 +1684,8 @@ vmxnet3_activate_dev(struct vmxnet3_adap
 	int err;
 	u32 ret;
 
-	dprintk(KERN_ERR "%s: skb_buf_size %d, rx_buf_per_pkt %d, ring sizes"
+	dev_dbg(&adapter->netdev->dev,
+		"%s: skb_buf_size %d, rx_buf_per_pkt %d, ring sizes"
 		" %u %u %u\n", adapter->netdev->name, adapter->skb_buf_size,
 		adapter->rx_buf_per_pkt, adapter->tx_queue.tx_ring.size,
 		adapter->rx_queue.rx_ring[0].size,