Subject: not supported broadcom (?) NIC revision

From: Wojtek Sawasciuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:03:43 +0200

Hi,

I'v got server with built-in 9 NIC ports. Two ports are not recognized 
by any driver, I suppose it *should* be by tg3 or bnx2
Below is lspci info, not supported NIC are in slots 00:10.0 and 00:10.2
strange thing is that this vendor is described as Serverworks, but lspci 
says its Broadcom.

# grep 1166 include/linux/pci_ids.h
#define PCI_VENDOR_ID_SERVERWORKS         0x1166

Can someone help here ?

# lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Broadcom GCNB-LE Host Bridge (rev 32)
00:00.1 Host bridge: Broadcom GCNB-LE Host Bridge
00:02.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82541GI Gigabit Ethernet 
Controller (rev 05)
00:0f.0 ISA bridge: Broadcom CSB5 South Bridge (rev 93)
00:0f.1 IDE interface: Broadcom CSB5 IDE Controller (rev 93)
00:0f.2 USB Controller: Broadcom OSB4/CSB5 OHCI USB Controller (rev 05)
00:0f.3 Host bridge: Broadcom CSB5 LPC bridge

00:10.0 Host bridge: Broadcom CIOB-E I/O Bridge with Gigabit Ethernet 
(rev 12)
00:10.2 Host bridge: Broadcom CIOB-E I/O Bridge with Gigabit Ethernet 
(rev 12)

02:02.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82546GB Gigabit Ethernet 
Controller (rev 03)
02:02.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82546GB Gigabit Ethernet 
Controller (rev 03)
02:04.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82546GB Gigabit Ethernet 
Controller (rev 03)
02:04.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82546GB Gigabit Ethernet 
Controller (rev 03)
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5704 
Gigabit Ethernet (rev 02)
03:00.1 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5704 
Gigabit Ethernet (rev 02)

00:10.0 0600: 1166:0110 (rev 12)
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- 
ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- 
<TAbort- <MAbort+ >SERR- <PERR-
        Capabilities: [60] PCI-X non-bridge device
                Command: DPERE- ERO- RBC=512 OST=8
                Status: Dev=00:00.0 64bit+ 133MHz+ SCD- USC- DC=bridge 
DMMRBC=512 DMOST=8 DMCRS=8 RSCEM- 266MHz- 533MHz-

00:10.2 0600: 1166:0110 (rev 12)
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- 
ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- 
<TAbort- <MAbort+ >SERR- <PERR-
        Capabilities: [60] PCI-X non-bridge device
                Command: DPERE- ERO- RBC=512 OST=8
                Status: Dev=00:00.0 64bit+ 133MHz+ SCD- USC- DC=bridge 
DMMRBC=512 DMOST=8 DMCRS=8 RSCEM- 266MHz- 533MHz-