Subject: Re: Enable syn cookies by default

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 21:01:41 +0200

Jarek Poplawski wrote, On 10/16/2009 10:55 AM:

> On 15-10-2009 10:59, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Olaf van der Spek <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm forwarding Debian feature request #520668.
>>>
>>> Could syn cookies be enabled by default?
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Alas, I can only give you a hint: while waiting for a better response,
> you could try to 'google' for some archives of this list; AFAICR a few
> (?) months ago David Miller explained this first question at least.
> (In short: they aren't up-to-date enough.)

It looks like my memory is exact only about dates ("?"! ;-). There was
mainly David's opinion and some more in the thread (shared with lkml).
Here is a link:
http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0807.3/0050.html

Jarek P.