Subject: Re: nfs broken in net-next?

From: Suresh Jayaraman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 12:32:32 +0530

On 10/29/2009 01:43 AM, Yinghai Lu wrote:
> pk12-3214-189-102:~ # mount -t nfs 10.6.75.100:/data/shared/pxeboot /x
> mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.
> mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.
> 

Is statd running on the server? The in-kernel statd has been replaced by
userspace statd.

> using opensuse11.1
> 
> YH
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
> the body of a message to [email-masked]
> More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
> Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/

-- 
Suresh Jayaraman