Subject: Re: Connection tracking and vlan

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:25:17 -0700

On 10/30/2009 04:15 PM, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

>> If ip_conntrack does not consider vlans, it is possible that all 5
>> tuple are the same
>> and thus affect the connection tracking.
>>
>> I hope I have described the scenario well. If not I can explain in a
>> more detailed fashion.
>
> Unless you have multiple network namespaces linux assumes all packets are
> in the same ip space.  And 10.10.10.1 is the same machine no matter
> which interface you talk to it on.

It only takes a relatively small patch that lets conn-track hash on a
skb->foo_mark, and allow that mark to be set on incoming packets
based on netdevice or whatever, (before the conn-track lookup is
done).

This is logically somewhat similar to using multiple routing
tables and has been working well for me for several years....

Thanks,
Ben

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com