Subject: Re: [net-next-2.6 PATCH v4 3/3] TCPCT part 1c: initial SYN exchange with SYNACK data

From: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 18:04:06 +0100

William Allen Simpson a écrit :

> It will be, when we have running code, as I'm loath to publish until I'm
> certain it *can* be implemented.

This is why RFC is better before coding. To avoid wasting time on experiments
that have a fatal flaw. Once included in an official kernel, we wont be able
to change some parameters very easily (think about 253 constant you use)

Or do you think only *you* can understand what's going on, and we should
just trust you ?

> 
> I've something like 40 RFCs published over the years.

I believe I know who you are, Mr William Allen Simpson, you dont need to
repeat how much work you did in the past. This is a bit annoying.

Some patches need 6-12 months of polishing before inclusion, there is nothing
wrong about it. It only depends on your cooperation and patience.

And yes, even if a patch comes from Linus Torvald himself, I can talk if
it does not please me.

SYNFLOOD problem is more than 13 years old, I am quite surprised its becoming
so urgent we should accept your patches "as is".

May I suggest to switch to normal mode, ie you prepare a next round of
patches, you submit them, we review them, [repeat 0-N time(s)], we Ack them ?