Subject: Re: [ tc ] RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 23:14:28 +0100

thomas yang wrote, On 11/24/2009 12:12 PM:

> # tc filter add dev eth1 parent 1: protocol ip prio 10 u32 match ip
> src 192.168.1.0/24 flowid 1:16 action mirred egress mirror dev wlan0
> Action 3 device wlan0 ifindex 4
> RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
> We have an error talking to the kernel
> 
> 
> # uname -a
> Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.30.8-64.fc11.i586 #1 SMP Fri Sep 25
> 04:30:19 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
> 
> OS :  Fedora 11

# tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1: protocol ip prio 10 u32 match ip
src 192.168.1.0/24 flowid 1:16 action mirred egress mirror dev wlan0
Action 3 device wlan0 ifindex 3
# uname -a
Linux ami 2.6.32-rc8g #72 PREEMPT Sat Nov 21 14:41:09 CET 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

I checked 2.6.31 too. So, generally it should work with current kernels,
at least x86_32.

Jarek P.