Subject: Re: [net-next-2.6 PATCH v9 2/2] TCPCT part 1i: remove old tcp_optlen() function

From: William Allen Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 07:06:00 -0500

David Miller wrote:
> These changes are probably fine but are too late for the current
> merge window, please resubmit them (with any requested changes made
> by reviewers) for the next merge window.
> 
> Thanks.
> 
OK.  These were split from the main part 1 sequence (looking back, both
by Ilpo's review at different times), because he objected to "cleanup"
patches being included with "new" features.  They've both been in 4 to 6
previous patch variants.

(More review would be good, and I'd be more comfortable with review by
somebody that could actually test this patch.  That's why the CC:
according to Documentation/SubmittingPatches part 13.)

I'm a bit unclear on "merge window", and am unable to find information
in the Documentation tree.  I see that there was a message that came in
the middle of my patch submission:

   Re: README: net-next-2.6 plans...

Trying to understand the process:  When I first started sending patches
in early October against the -2.6 tree, I was told privately to make
them against net-next-2.6 instead.  Does this mean these "cleanup"
patches should be made for -2.6 now?