Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] AlacrityVM guest drivers for 2.6.33

From: Avi Kivity <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 20:53:53 +0200

On 12/22/2009 07:36 PM, Gregory Haskins wrote:
>
>> Gregory, it would be nice if you worked _much_ harder with the KVM folks
>> before giving up.
>>      
> I think the 5+ months that I politely tried to convince the KVM folks
> that this was a good idea was pretty generous of my employer.  The KVM
> maintainers have ultimately made it clear they are not interested in
> directly supporting this concept (which is their prerogative), but are
> perhaps willing to support the peripheral logic needed to allow it to
> easily interface with KVM.  I can accept that, and thus AlacrityVM was born.
>    

Review pointed out locking issues with xinterface which I have not seen 
addressed.  I asked why the irqfd/ioeventfd mechanisms are insufficient, 
and you did not reply.

-- 
I have a truly marvellous patch that fixes the bug which this
signature is too narrow to contain.