Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] AlacrityVM guest drivers for 2.6.33

From: Gregory Haskins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 13:56:39 -0500

On 12/22/09 1:53 PM, Avi Kivity wrote:
> On 12/22/2009 07:36 PM, Gregory Haskins wrote:
>>
>>> Gregory, it would be nice if you worked _much_ harder with the KVM folks
>>> before giving up.
>>>      
>> I think the 5+ months that I politely tried to convince the KVM folks
>> that this was a good idea was pretty generous of my employer.  The KVM
>> maintainers have ultimately made it clear they are not interested in
>> directly supporting this concept (which is their prerogative), but are
>> perhaps willing to support the peripheral logic needed to allow it to
>> easily interface with KVM.  I can accept that, and thus AlacrityVM was
>> born.
>>    
> 
> Review pointed out locking issues with xinterface which I have not seen
> addressed.  I asked why the irqfd/ioeventfd mechanisms are insufficient,
> and you did not reply.
> 

Yes, I understand.  I've been too busy to rework the code for an
upstream push.  I will certainly address those questions when I make the
next attempt, but they weren't relevant to the guest side.