Subject: Re: [PATCH 03/13] stmmac: add the new Header file for stmmac platform data

From: Giuseppe CAVALLARO <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 15:01:37 +0100

Hi Jean-Hugues,

Jean-Hugues Deschenes wrote:

> I took a look at the the arch subdirectory before suggesting this:
> grep -RI "^\#include.*\/drivers" *
> m32r/platforms/usrv/io.c:#include "../../../../drivers/pcmcia/m32r_cfc.h"
> s390/mm/cmm.c:#include "../../../drivers/s390/net/smsgiucv.h"
> x86/kernel/asm-offsets_32.c:#include "../../../drivers/lguest/lg.h"
> 
> ... so we wouldn't be the only ones... but then again, as with your
> Davicom dm9000.h example, we wouldn't be the only ones to locate it in
> include/linux either... so...?

Yes you are right :-) !
Another question. Indeed, for stm architectures, within each setup file,
we don't include the linux/stmmac.h (I was wrong before!) but include
linux/stm/platform.h. This own header includes the "linux/stmmac.h".
So using stmmac_plat.h, I should add: #include
"../../../drivers/net/stmmac/stmmac_plat.h"  within the
include/linux/stm/platform.h file. Is it ok? What do you think?

Thanks
Peppe

> jh