Subject: Re: [PATCH] af_packet: Don't use skb after dev_queue_xmit()

From: Michael Breuer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 14:55:22 -0500

On 1/7/2010 2:36 PM, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 07:50:40PM +0100, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
>    
>>> Going to rerun with these patches and with and without MMAP. Will
>>> also retry both with jumbo frames if possible.
>>>        
>> If MMAP then some "alternative" too. But first no MMAP.
>>      
> Another things IMHO worth to try: a sky2 module parameter
> "disable_msi=1", and CONFIG_DMAR off.
>
> Jarek P.
>    
Ok - that'd be with or without MMAP enabled? (note that so-far, without 
MMAP I'm not seeing any errors - throughput is running about half what I 
was seeing with MMAP enabled (before crashing that is). CPU is also way 
busier (also to be expected). One other observation - I had been seeing 
lots of DNS errors - IPV6 related format errors I really didn't think 
much of it as they were mostly .ru and seemed spam-related, but now I 
don't see any. Haven't updated bind; doubt the world has changed - so 
perhaps this is related to the network issue.