Subject: Re: Can we remove pci_find_device() yet?

From: Tilman Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 10:02:28 +0100

Am 2010-01-12 18:39 schrieb Greg KH:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 05:42:14PM +0100, Tilman Schmidt wrote:
[...]
>> Many of the calls to pci_find_device() have checkpatch problems
>> which of course do not go away by just substituting another
>> function name, so I would be obliged to restructure all those
>> call sites by hand for the sake of "not introducing new code
>> with checkpatch problems". BTDT.
> 
> No you would not, don't be crazy.  Modfying a single line to rename a
> function from one thing to another could never be decreed as a "don't
> add bad code".  And if someone says it is, well, you just found someone
> who doesn't know what they are doing :)

Ok. I do hope you are right, and my extrapolation from past
experience was wrong.

> Please continue with this idea, it's sane, and valid.

Alright, will do. Patch will follow later today, SCJ. Let's see
what the checkpatch police will say.

Regards,
Tilman

- -- 
Tilman Schmidt                    E-Mail: [email-masked]
Bonn, Germany
Diese Nachricht besteht zu 100% aus wiederverwerteten Bits.
Ungeöffnet mindestens haltbar bis: (siehe Rückseite)