Subject: Re: Reproducible corruption with SG offloading

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:06:27 +0100

Peter Rabbitson wrote, On 01/11/2010 01:22 PM:

> I have the following card:
> 
> 02:02.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5701 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 15)

...

> 	Kernel driver in use: tg3
> 
> When confronted with very specific repeatable data streams the card eventually
> starts setting garbage down the wire. If I do ethtool -k <ifname> sg off the
> problem disappears. Let me know if ou are interested in tracking this down,
> (whether software or hardware) otherwise I'll throw the card away and go with
> something else.
> 
> Please CC me as I am not subscribed to netdev@
> 
> This is my minimal test case with relevant data:

Interested or not, it would be useful to save more data on this, e.g. into
bugzilla report (plus some link here); especially the kernel version, these
tcpdumps as row files, ifconfigs, and as much as possible according to the
linux-2.6/REPORTING_BUGS.

Thanks,
Jarek P.