Subject: Re: [PATCHSET] percpu: add __percpu sparse annotations

From: Tejun Heo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:30:53 +0900

Hello,

On 01/26/2010 08:14 AM, Al Viro wrote:
> Um.  Where *is* the definition of __percpu?  Presumably, that'd be
> something like __attribute__((noderef,address_space(4)) under ifdef
> __CHECKER__ and empty otherwise?  If so, I'm fine with that patchset,
> provided that it does grow that #define and becomes self-contained...

Ah... sorry, I forgot about the base tree.  The definition has been in
the percpu tree for some time now.  The patchset is on top of the
following branch.

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/percpu.git for-next

and the series is available as git tree in the following branch.

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/percpu.git percpu-sparse-review

The definition is in include/linux/compiler.h.

# define __percpu	__attribute__((noderef, address_space(3)))

which gets replaced by dummy def if !__CHECKER__.

Thanks.

-- 
tejun