Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/8] percpu: add __percpu sparse annotations to x86

From: Tejun Heo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 11:17:52 +0900

On 01/26/2010 10:06 AM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> On 01/25/2010 07:22 AM, Tejun Heo wrote:
>>
>> In arch/x86/kernel/cpu/common.c, per_cpu(exception_stacks, cpu) is
>> replaced with &per_cpu(exception_stacks[0], cpu) which is equivalent
>> except that it allows per_cpu() macro to correctly drop percpu
>> designation during sparse pass.
>>
> 
> Same comment as Frederic's about this... this kind of uglification
> really is unacceptable and needs to be addressed.

Hmm... I don't think it's too bad but if you don't like it that much,
probably the right thing to do is just leave it there and let sparse
whine about it.  There are only three in-kernel instances at this
point, so it's not that big a deal.

Thanks.

-- 
tejun