Subject: Re: which stable PCI DSL Modem card

From: Michael Tokarev <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:32:35 +0400

Markus Feldmann Wrote:
> Hi All,
> 
> i am searching for a stable PCI DSL Modem card for Linux (Debian Lenny).
> It should be exist a driver in the Kernel not extra software driver. I
> have a 6000MBit/s DSL wire.
> 
> Does anybody know some interesting device for me? Any further information?

As far as I can see they stopped producing PCI DSL modems quite a while
ago.  They sell USB and ethernet ones, but not PCI.  And even at "old
good" times there were only 2 or 3 models with PCI interface, the rest
were USB or Ether.

I personally recommend ethernet modem - it will work with any OS including
linux.  USB modems with linux support exists, but that support is somewhat
flaky.

Also, many DSL modems nowadays comes with 4-port ethernet switch and
wireless access point, which may be handy too.  Both optional.

/mjt