Subject: Re: e1000e/netdev.c patch -- tx_ring->next_to_use

From: Charles Slivkoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:47:58 -0400

On 04/14/2010 02:12 PM, Brandeburg, Jesse wrote:
...

> have you filed a bug at launchpad?  if so what is the number?  I just want 
> to unite all the information we have.

I just submitted one, using "ubuntu-bug", so a number of associated 
system details are included as attachments.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/563267

...

> As a workaround you can try disabling TSO using ethtool to see if that 
> helps.  We need to reproduce this here if possible.
> 
> ethtool -K eth0 tso off

I will give this a try.

> Do you happen to *not* have irqbalance installed or enabled?  I was 
> confused by the move_irq in one of the stack traces.  In any case it 
> probably doesn't matter but I was not expecting to see that there.

irqbalance is *not* installed.

...

Thanks,

-Charles

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
Try the new software tools for yourself. Speed compiling, find bugs
proactively, and fine-tune applications for parallel performance.
See why Intel Parallel Studio got high marks during beta.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev
_______________________________________________
E1000-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/e1000-devel
To learn more about Intel&#174; Ethernet, visit http://communities.intel.com/community/wired