Subject: Re: mmotm 2010-04-28 - RCU whinges

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 18:27:55 +0200

David Miller wrote:
> From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 17:40:58 +0200
> 
>> I queued this patch in nf-next, the only reason why I haven't
>> submitted it yet is that I was unable to get git to cleanly export
>> only the proper set of patches meant for -next due to a few merges,
>> it insists on including 5 patches already merged upstream. If you
>> don't mind ignoring the first 5 patches in the series, I'll send a
>> pull request tonight.
> 
> Something like "git format-patch origin" doesn't avoid those upstream
> commits?  Weird...

Yeah, it seems to have something to do with me merging the nf-2.6.git
tree a few weeks ago since it had patches queued that were too late
for 2.6.34. Even the --ignore-if-in-upstream option doesn't help.

> Another trick is to specify a commit range using triple-dot "..."
> notation, such as "origin...master"

Thanks, I'll give it another try, the alternative is manually
renumbering the entire patchset.