Subject: Re: loosing IPMI-card by loading netconsole

From: Tejun Heo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 00:24:07 +0200

Hello,

On 05/15/2010 12:16 AM, Matt Mackall wrote:
>> Yeap, sure, it would be effective but I kind of want to leave
>> bisection as the last resort.  Bisection is a somewhat painful process
>> especially when the machine isn't right next to you and someone who
>> has overall knowledge can often identify the problem much easier with
>> appropriate debugging info.
> 
> Well nothing jumps to mind in the netpoll/netconsole code and I haven't
> heard any similar reports. My guess is it's something obscure, so I
> think the sooner you start bisecting... Even one or two tests will get
> us a lot closer to figuring out what changed in the last 1.5 years.

I see.  I was hoping it would ring a bell to someone.  We'll probably
try to provide the info Jesse asked and if that doesn't lead anywhere
start bisecting.

Thank you.

-- 
tejun