Subject: Re: [PATCH] socketcan: add a driver for FlexCAN controllers.

From: Wolfgang Grandegger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:47:04 +0200

Hi Hans-Jürgen,

On 06/17/2010 12:52 PM, Hans J. Koch wrote:
> This adds a driver for FlexCAN based CAN controllers,
> e.g. found in Freescale i.MX35 SoCs.
> 
> The original version of this driver was posted by Sascha Hauer in July 2009:
> http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-netdev/2009/7/29/6251621
> 
> I took this version, added NAPI support, and fixed some problems found
> during testing. Well, here is the result. Please review.

I briefly browsed the patch and various bits and pieces are missing or
not correctly implemented. Marc already pointed out a few of them:

- I do not find can_put/get_echo_skb functions in the code. How is
  IFF_ECHO supposed to work?

- Support for CAN_CTRLMODE_BERR_REPORTING and do_get_berr_counter()
  seems to be missing.

- Make use of alloc_can_skb() and alloc_can_err_skb().

Wolfgang.