Subject: Re: nfs client hang

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:37:20 -0400

On 07/28/10 03:24 AM, Andy Chittenden wrote:
> resending as it seems to have been corrupted on LKML!
>
>> The RPC client marks the socket closed. and the linger timeout is
>> cancelled.  At this point, sk_shutdown should be set to zero, correct?
>> I don't see an xs_error_report() call here, which would confirm that the
>> socket took a trip through tcp_disconnect().
>
> From my reading of tcp_disconnect(), it calls sk->sk_error_report(sk)
> unconditionally so as there's no xs_error_report(), that surely means
> the exact opposite: tcp_disconnect() wasn't called. If it's not
> called, sk_shutdown is not cleared. And my revised tracing confirmed
> that it was set to SEND_SHUTDOWN.

Sorry, that's what I meant above.

An xs_error_report() debugging message at that point in the log would 
confirm that the socket took a trip through tcp_disconnect().  But I 
don't see such a message.
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-nfs" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html