Subject: Re: NET_NS: unregister_netdevice: waiting for lo to become free (after using openvpn)

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 09:57:14 -0700

On 08/05/2010 02:51 AM, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Michael Leun<[email-masked]>  writes:

>> Unfortunately looks like indefinitely. Never watched longer so far
>> (rebooted soon), but I'm seeing this message now repeated every 10 secs
>> for ~10 minutes on a idle system.
>
> Ugh.  A real bug then.  These can be a pain to track down and fix. I
> think the last one of these I tracked down took a couple of weeks.  I
> will start digging in when I get back from vacation.

I once spent a similar amount of time putting in debug variants that
printed info for each time a netdev was acquired and released.

Maybe a similar logic could be put into the official kernel (and
disabled by default)?

That should save effort in the long run, I'd think.

Thanks,
Ben

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com