Subject: Re: oops in tcp_xmit_retransmit_queue() w/ v2.6.32.15

From: Tejun Heo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 12:27:19 +0200

Hello,

On 09/08/2010 12:34 PM, Ilpo Järvinen wrote:
>> Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce the problem anymore.
> 
> With my debug patch or not at all?

With the ugly merged patch I posted previously in this thread which
contained debug messages if any of the worked around condition
triggers.

>> It could be (but not likely given that none of the debugging messages
>> is triggering) that I was mistaken and the previously posted fixed the
>> issue. The network used by the cluster went through some changes at
>> the time and there have been issues with packet losses.  Given that
>> the problem needs packet losses to trigger, it's likely that packet
>> loss pattern here changed such that the patterns of packet losses
>> which trigger the problem aren't happening anymore.  (Carsten,
>> Henning, please feel free to fill in if I'm missing something).
> 
> That might well be true, however, you're already a second guy who 
> cannot reproduce it with the debug patch so I would not rule out other 
> possibilities unless you've tried without debug patch too since the 
> changes?

Unfortunately, I can't really tell one way or the other at this point.
Carsten will be back in a few days.  I'll ask him for more details.

Thanks.

-- 
tejun