Subject: Re: [PATCH] ehea: Fix a checksum issue on the receive path

From: Breno Leitao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 11:14:10 -0300

Hi Eric

On 10/08/2010 01:45 AM, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> Just to be clear : packets with wrong checksums are not given to upper
> stack, so a tcpdump can not display them ? I am not sure many drivers do
> that.
Well, what my code does is: 1) if the current packet is a UDP/TCP, then 
the checksum is not necessary, since we would check the checksum on 
ehea_proc_rwqes(), specific at this part of the code:

                if (!ehea_check_cqe(cqe, &rq)) {
			// Send the packet to the up layers

And ehea_check_cqe() checks for wrong checksumed packets on:
	
         if ((cqe->status & EHEA_CQE_STAT_ERR_MASK) == 0)
                 return 0;

Botton line, TCP/UDP packets with wrong checksums are dropped by 
ehea_proc_rwqes(), others go to the up layer.

So, back to your question, you are saying that we shouldn't do that, 
meaning that we should send to the upper layers all packets ? even those 
that have the wrong checksum ?

Thanks
Breno