Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] Revert napi_poll fix for bonding driver

From: Cong Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 15:52:00 +0800

On 10/20/10 01:04, [email-masked] wrote:
> From: Neil Horman<[email-masked]>
>
> In an erlier patch I modified napi_poll so that devices with IFF_MASTER polled
> the per_cpu list instead of the device list for napi.  I did this because the
> bonding driver has no napi instances to poll, it instead expects to check the
> slave devices napi instances, which napi_poll was unaware of.  Looking at this
> more closely however, I now see this isn't strictly needed.  As the bond driver
> poll_controller calls the slaves poll_controller via netpoll_poll_dev, which
> recursively calls poll_napi on each slave, allowing those napi instances to get
> serviced.  The earlier patch isn't at all harmfull, its just not needed, so lets
> revert it to make the code cleaner.  Sorry for the noise,
>
> Signed-off-by: Neil Horman<[email-masked]>

Looks reasonable to me,

Reviewed-by: WANG Cong <[email-masked]>

Thanks.