Subject: Re: [PATCH] tipc: revert some previously ABI breaking changes to the user space tipc interface

From: Paul Gortmaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:06:22 -0400

On 10-10-21 07:06 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Based on discussions with Leandro Lucarella and Jon Maloy, it appears we've
> managed to break the TIPC user space ABI.  While it would be really nice to have
> some level of consistency in regards to on the wire byte order, we can't do that
> if it breaks user space.  This patch series reverts the offending patches that
> caused this, and puts us back in a state that allows user space to work
> properly.  We can now go back and look at methods to get consistent on the wire
> byte order while maintaining host byte order in the user space API.

Thanks Neil for working with Jon and Leandro on this and getting
a fix out quickly (faster than I could have, for sure.)

Paul.

> 
> Signed-off-by: Neil Horman<[email-masked]>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nokia and AT&T present the 2010 Calling All Innovators-North America contest
Create new apps & games for the Nokia N8 for consumers in  U.S. and Canada
$10 million total in prizes - $4M cash, 500 devices, nearly $6M in marketing
Develop with Nokia Qt SDK, Web Runtime, or Java and Publish to Ovi Store 
http://p.sf.net/sfu/nokia-dev2dev