Subject: Sky2 2.6.36-09934-g2aab243 DMAR error with tcp timestamp enabled

From: Michael Breuer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 12:57:53 -0400

Basically, if I enable tcp timestamps (now disabled) I get a sky2 hang. 
As with the earlier issue the effects are not seen until after a couple 
days of uptime and seem exacerbated by load.

I can't 100% confirm that the problem is not occurring without tcp 
timestamps, but will leave the system up for a while to try to confirm. 
This didn't occur previously without tcp timestamps enabled, but I also 
pulled git changes between the two events.

I'm now also on 2.6.37-rc1.... I did a quick scan and didn't see any 
obvious commits between 2.6.36-09934 and -rc1 that would have affected this.

 From the log:
Nov  2 05:41:54 mail kernel: DRHD: handling fault status reg 2
Nov  2 05:41:54 mail kernel: DMAR:[DMA Read] Request device [06:00.0] 
fault addr ffea3000
Nov  2 05:41:54 mail kernel: DMAR:[fault reason 06] PTE Read access is 
not set
Nov  2 05:41:54 mail kernel: sky2 0000:06:00.0: error interrupt 
status=0x80000000
Nov  2 05:41:54 mail kernel: sky2 0000:06:00.0: PCI hardware error (0x2010)
Nov  2 05:42:01 mail clamd[9755]: SelfCheck: Database status OK.
Nov  2 05:42:11 mail root: ping of potter failed
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: ------------[ cut here ]------------
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: WARNING: at net/sched/sch_generic.c:258 
dev_watchdog+0x251/0x260()
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: Hardware name: System Product Name
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0 (sky2): transmit 
queue 0 timed out
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: Modules linked in: cpufreq_stats 
ip6table_filter ip6table_mangle ip6_tables ipt_MASQUERADE iptable_nat 
nf_nat iptable_mangle iptable_raw ebtable_nat ebtables bridge stp 
appletalk psnap llc nfsd lockd nfs_acl auth_rpcgss exportfs coretemp 
sunrpc acpi_cpufreq mperf sit tunnel4 ipt_LOG nf_conntrack_netbios_ns 
nf_conntrack_ftp xt_DSCP xt_dscp xt_mark nf_conntrack_ipv6 
nf_defrag_ipv6 xt_state xt_multiport ipv6 kvm_intel kvm 
snd_hda_codec_analog snd_ens1371 gameport snd_rawmidi snd_ac97_codec 
snd_hda_intel snd_hda_codec ac97_bus snd_hwdep snd_seq snd_seq_device 
snd_pcm gspca_spca505 gspca_main snd_timer videodev snd v4l1_compat 
i2c_i801 sky2 v4l2_compat_ioctl32 iTCO_wdt pcspkr asus_atk0110 
i7core_edac edac_core soundcore iTCO_vendor_support snd_page_alloc 
microcode raid456 async_raid6_recov async_pq raid6_pq async_xor xor 
async_memcpy async_tx raid1 ata_generic firewire_ohci pata_acpi 
firewire_core crc_itu_t pata_marvell nouveau ttm drm_kms_helper drm 
i2c_algo_bit i2c_core video output [
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: last unloaded: ip6_tables]
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: Pid: 0, comm: swapper Tainted: G        W   
2.6.36-09934-g2aab243 #44
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: Call Trace:
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: <IRQ>  [<ffffffff81058a4f>] 
warn_slowpath_common+0x7f/0xc0
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff81058b46>] 
warn_slowpath_fmt+0x46/0x50
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff814603d1>] dev_watchdog+0x251/0x260
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff8108a4a6>] ? 
tick_program_event+0x26/0x30
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff8107eed4>] ? 
hrtimer_interrupt+0x134/0x240
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff81068ab0>] 
run_timer_softirq+0x160/0x390
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff8108a368>] ? 
tick_dev_program_event+0x48/0x110
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff81460180>] ? dev_watchdog+0x0/0x260
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff8105f981>] __do_softirq+0xb1/0x220
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff8100cfdc>] call_softirq+0x1c/0x30
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff8100ea15>] do_softirq+0x65/0xa0
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff8105f845>] irq_exit+0x85/0x90
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff81511d61>] do_IRQ+0x71/0xf0
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff8150a7d3>] ret_from_intr+0x0/0x11
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: <EOI>  [<ffffffff812e4165>] ? 
intel_idle+0xd5/0x170
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff812e4148>] ? intel_idle+0xb8/0x170
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff81425b51>] 
cpuidle_idle_call+0x91/0x150
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff8100aa8b>] cpu_idle+0xbb/0x150
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff814f1785>] rest_init+0x75/0x80
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff81b4ae9b>] start_kernel+0x3dc/0x3e7
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff81b4a346>] 
x86_64_start_reservations+0x131/0x135
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: [<ffffffff81b4a450>] 
x86_64_start_kernel+0x106/0x115
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: ---[ end trace d9d3a1889f8925bf ]---
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: sky2 0000:06:00.0: eth0: tx timeout
Nov  2 05:42:16 mail kernel: sky2 0000:06:00.0: eth0: transmit ring 29 
.. 117 report=29 done=29