Subject: Re: Networking hangs when too many parallel requests are made at once

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 11:16:48 -0800

On 11/09/2010 11:04 AM, Luke Hutchison wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Luke Hutchison<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>> Since around Linux kernel 2.6.33 or so (but maybe as early as
>> 2.6.31, not sure exactly what version), when restoring a crashed or
>> closed browser session of either Firefox or Chrome where lots of tabs
>> (say 10-40) open simultaneously, the networking stack is brought to
>> its knees -- most or all the tabs eventually time out without data, or
>> a few tabs might get some data and then display a partial web page.

Have you been able to reproduce this on any other machine?  I suspect
it might be an issue with your specific NIC or other hardware.

At the least, it's not a general problem with opening lots
of TCP connections, as we routinely test with thousands...

Thanks,
Ben

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com