Subject: Re: Loopback performance from kernel 2.6.12 to 2.6.37

From: Xose Vazquez Perez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 22:35:24 +0100

Jesper Dangaard Brouer wrote:

> To fix this I added "-q 0" to netcat.  Thus my working commands are:
> 
>  netcat -l -p 9999 >/dev/null &
>  time dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=10000 | netcat -q0 127.0.0.1 9999
> 
> Running this on my "big" 10G testlab system, Dual Xeon 5550 2.67GHz,
> kernel version 2.6.32-5-amd64 (which I usually don't use)
> The results are 7.487 sec:

netcat flavor ?

http://nc110.sourceforge.net/
http://nmap.org/ncat/
http://www.dest-unreach.org/socat/
http://cryptcat.sourceforge.net/
http://netcat.sourceforge.net/
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin/nc/

-- 
«Allá muevan feroz guerra, ciegos reyes por un palmo más de tierra;
que yo aquí tengo por mío cuanto abarca el mar bravío, a quien nadie
impuso leyes. Y no hay playa, sea cualquiera, ni bandera de esplendor,
que no sienta mi derecho y dé pecho a mi valor.»