Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] net_sched: sch_sfq: fix allot handling

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 18:21:32 +0100

On 15.12.2010 18:09, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> Le mercredi 15 décembre 2010 à 18:03 +0100, Patrick McHardy a écrit :
> 
>> Right, that's odd. It shouldn't be necessary anymore though since
>> now we initialize allot in sfq_enqueue() for all new flows and
>> increase allotment for all active flows once per round in sfq_dequeue().
>> The above code causes a second increase for the flow following a flow
>> which went inactive.
> 
> Well, we do this in three places. Each time we 'select' a flow as the
> next packet provider, we increase its allot by quantum.
> 
> We could change this, adding quantum to the current slot when its allot
> becomes negative (and we select the next slot for next round)

Right, I again missed that 'a' refers to the next flow in the second
condition in sfq_dequeue().

I have to run now, will have another look at this tommorrow.