Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/12] make rpc_pipefs be mountable multiple time

From: Rob Landley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 03:10:20 -0600

On 12/30/2010 02:51 AM, Kirill A. Shutemov wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 08:13:50PM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Kirill A. Shutemov<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Prepare nfs/sunrpc stack to use multiple instances of rpc_pipefs.
>>> Only for client for now.
>>
>> What would a test case for this look like?  (Is there some way to tell
>> an nfs mount to use a specific instance of rpc_pipefs or something?)
>
> You can create a new instance of rpc_pipefs using 'newinstance'
> mountoption.
>
> Then you can specify which rpc_pipefs to use with 'rpcmount' mountoption
> of nfs mount. If none specifed, '/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs' uses by default.

That path is as the process performing the mount sees it?

> If no rpcmount mountoption, no rpc_pipefs was found at
> '/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs' and we are in init's mount namespace, we use
> init_rpc_pipefs.

It's the "we are in init's mount namespace" that I was wondering about.

So if I naievely chroot, nfs mount stops working the way it did before I 
chrooted unless I do an extra setup step?

I'm actually poking at getting nfs mount working in LXC containers with 
different network routing (mostly study so far, it took me a couple 
weeks just to get lxc to work for me and now I'm trying to wrap my head 
around Linux's NFS implementation), so I'm very interested in this...

Rob
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-nfs" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html