Subject: at91_can: errata "Contents of Mailbox 0 can be sent"

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 00:41:05 +0100

Moin,

the at91_can core has the following problem:
"50.3.5.3 CAN: Contents of Mailbox 0 can be sent Even if Mailbox is
Disabled"

This means under high bus load it can happen that the mailbox 0 is send
to the bus. And it does happen, even with the mainline driver where
Mailbox 0 is a receive mailbox. The errata proposes not to use mailbox 0
and load it with a unused can_id that will not disturb the bus.

I'm going to implement the workaround. As the unused identifier is
probably application specific my question is: What's the best way to
configure this identifier?

- sysfs
- netlink
- ioctl
- ethtool
- peek/poke :P

What will be a good default can_id?

regards, Marc

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |

_______________________________________________
Socketcan-core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/socketcan-core