Subject: Re: panic in tg3 driver

From: Stephen Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 08:12:36 -0500

On 01/11/2011 10:06 PM, Matt Carlson wrote:
> lspci -vvv -xxx -s 81:00.0

Further information - I found these messages in /var/log/messages. It looks
like after it switched to INTx mode interrupts for other devices were hosed.

Jan 12 08:37:49 localhost kernel: tg3 0000:81:00.0: eth2: No interrupt was gener
ated using MSI. Switching to INTx mode. Please report this failure to the PCI ma
intainer and include system chipset information
Jan 12 08:37:49 localhost kernel: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth2: link is not ready
Jan 12 08:38:50 localhost kernel: ata2: lost interrupt (Status 0x50)
Jan 12 08:38:50 localhost kernel: ata2.01: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x0
  action 0x6 frozen
Jan 12 08:38:50 localhost kernel: ata2.01: failed command: WRITE DMA
Jan 12 08:38:50 localhost kernel: ata2.01: cmd 
ca/00:08:e0:bc:51/00:00:00:00:00/f0 tag 0 dma 4096 out
Jan 12 08:38:50 localhost kernel:          res 
40/00:01:00:4f:c2/00:00:00:00:00/b0 Emask 0x4 (timeout)
Jan 12 08:38:50 localhost kernel: ata2.01: status: { DRDY }
Jan 12 08:38:50 localhost kernel: ata2: soft resetting link
Jan 12 08:38:50 localhost kernel: do_IRQ: 0.64 No irq handler for vector (irq -1)
Jan 12 08:38:50 localhost kernel: ata2.01: configured for UDMA/33
Jan 12 08:38:54 localhost pppd[1983]: No response to 3 echo-requests
Jan 12 08:39:55 localhost pppoe[1988]: Inactivity timeout... something wicked 
happened on session 3363