Subject: Re: [PATCH v1 2/2] TCPCT API sockopt update to draft -03

From: William Allen Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 22:00:04 -0500

On 1/13/11 12:53 PM, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 12:32 PM, William Allen Simpson
> <[email-masked]>  wrote:
>> Even though I'm not paid to work on Linux, I'm doing my best to give you
>> folks a quick heads up and provide code to rectify the very recent changes
>> that can be propagated back through the stable tree (to 2.6.33).
>>
>> As always, what you actually do with my code is up to you....
>>
> FWIW, what is the basis of this hunk ? The RFC text[0] seems to use
> the TCP_COOKIE_* naming, not TCPCT_.
>
> Thanks,
>   - Arnaud
>
> [0]: http://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc6013.txt
>
Is this supposed to be humorous?  Maybe folks here find it amusing that
somebody thinks they know more than the *author* about the contents of the
document?  Did you note the words above?  That is, "very recent changes"?

Perhaps you are viewing an older cached version.  Please check for the
current month on every page: "January 2011".

We discussed -- and ultimately decided -- these changes in private email
during the independent review process before making them available to the
general public.  That's how the RFC publication procedure works.

I tried to be helpful to the Linux community in advance of publication, so
you would be prepared.  I'm sorry that the community here is so lacking in
appreciation for my efforts on your behalf.

As always, what you actually do with my code is up to you....