Subject: Submitting new device driver

From: Nik Trevallyn-Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 14:05:14 +1100

Dear network kernel maintainers,

I maintain a device driver for a family of wireless broadband devices 
for the iBurst (TM) system.

I am being asked by the community when (or possibly if) the driver will 
be incorporated into the mainline kernel so users no longer need to 
download and build the driver themselves.

To that end, I've been reading the various documents on requirements for 
submitting a driver, and am now trying to contact the appropriate 
maintainers.

The drivers include support for PCMCIA and USB hardware, and are 
currently available from here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ibdriver/

I have recently made changes to support the 2.6.36 kernel, and will 
shortly review all the code to ensure compliance with the various 
guidelines regarding mainline drivers.

Could you please either let me know who I should direct my 
request/submission to, or point me to the appropriate document that 
tells me?

Many thanks for any and all responses,

Cheers!
Nik