Subject: Re: tlan: Code cleanup: checkpatch.pl is relatively happy now.

From: Sakari Ailus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 15:24:10 +0200

Hi Dan,

Dan Carpenter wrote:
> Commit c659c38b279657 "tlan: Code cleanup: checkpatch.pl is relatively
> happy now." includes the following change without explanation.
>
> -               if ( ( head_list->cStat&  TLAN_CSTAT_READY ) == TLAN_CSTAT_READY ) {
> +               if (head_list->c_stat&  TLAN_CSTAT_READY) {
>
> Was this a bug fix or a bug introduce?

Ouch. Introduce in this case, unfortunately. I *thought* 
TLAN_CSTAT_READY would have been a single bit instead of a bit mask. I 
should have actually checked it, and still put that change into a 
separate patch.

This might not be the one and only place where this kind of shortcut was 
made --- for 80 characters per line compliance. There are very few, 
anyway, in similar places.

I'll recheck the patch and provide a correction, in the coming days likely.

Many thanks for finding this!

-- 
Sakari Ailus
[email-masked]