Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 09/13] can: pruss CAN driver.

From: Wolfgang Grandegger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 08:23:00 +0100

On 02/14/2011 05:54 AM, Subhasish Ghosh wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> I had a discussion regarding this with Wolfgang:
> 
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/msg00324.html
> 
> The problem here is that we must configure the mailbox ID's and this
> support is not available in the socketCan sub-system.

To understand you correctly. A mailbox (or message object) can *only*
receive messages with the pre-programmed CAN id? Isn't there a chance to
receive all or a range of CAN ids? That's a very unusual piece of
hardware. Anyway, using kernel configuration parameters to define the
CAN id's would be the less flexible method. The user will not have a
chance to change them at run-time. Using SysFS files would already be
much better.

Wolfgang.